Spot 1.1: Autowalk & Payloads
Easy-to-use autonomy, payload support, and other improvements added to the Spot platform
We're excited to announce Spot Release 1.1, which adds easy-to-use autonomy, payload support, and other improvements to the Spot platform. Here's what's new:
- Record Spot’s actions through an environment and play them back autonomously.
- Avoid obstacles during autonomous playback.
- Supports single-floor environments.
- Spot CAM actions supported during recording and playback.
- Teleoperation and reality capture with Spot CAM™.
- Stream video over WebRTC.
- Capture full color spherical images.
- Optional 30x optical zoom PTZ camera.
- LED light array.
- 2 way audio with push to talk.
- Expanded power and communication options with Spot GXP™.
- 5, 12, or 24V regulated power output.
- RJ45 standard ethernet adapter.
- Support for hardware motor inhibition and hardware motor power interlock.
- Configure custom payload mass, inertia, collision geometry, and network settings in the Spot admin console.
- Filtered log data download: Produces smaller log file downloads, which are easier for use in support requests.
- A new privacy mode is available. It is enabled using the robot controller General Settings page.
- When privacy mode is enabled, the robot will not record any images, point clouds, or sensor data.
Spot Controller Tablet
- User interface improvements overall in addition to UI updates corresponding with new SpotCheck, Spot CAM, and autonomy features.
Spot Admin Console
- Improvements to the robot’s web-based admin console including embedded text on Spot CAM USB stick encryption.
- SpotCheck is a feature activated on the robot controller to diagnose issues with Spot's vision and mobility systems and recalibrate them if necessary.
- ImageService exposes depth maps from on-board stereo cameras as additional image sources. Image Sources specify an ImageType to differentiate depth maps from grayscale images.
- PayloadService is a new service that lists all known payloads on the robot.
- SpotCheckService is a new service which runs actuator and camera calibration.
- Software E-Stop supports soft timeouts. In v1.0 if an E-Stop endpoint stopped checking in, the power would be immediately cut. Now the E-Stop endpoint can be configured so Spot will attempt to sit followed by cutting power. The timeout parameter for an E-Stop endpoint specifies when the sitting behavior starts, and the cut_power_timeout parameter specifies when the power will cut off.
- TerrainParams are added to MobilityParams to provide hints about the terrain that Spot will walk on. Coefficient of friction, and whether the terrain is a grated are options.
- Log Annotations support two new types of logs: Blob for large binary data, and LogTick for time-series data.
- Grated mode for walking on industrial grated surfaces.
- Improved robot balance when knees hit their extension limits while loaded.
- Improved gravel & penetrable surface mobility with vision enabled.
- Client settable ground coefficient of friction over API.